Public Safety Foundation of Greene County (PSFGC)
In response to community concerns about public safety, the Public Safety Foundation of Greene County was formed. The Foundation was incorporated under Virginia law September 20, 2012 and is a non-profit 501(C)3 so that gifts to the foundation are tax deductible to the extent permitted by law. The mission of the Foundation is to work in partnership with the Sheriff’s Office, the Courts and other community groups, to help fund programs that will enhance public safety and community well-being for all in Greene County. For identified programs we will raise the needed capital through private donations and grants.
The Foundation’s Executive Director is Michael Martin.
PSFGC Board of Directors
- Carl Schmitt, President
- Jerry Gore, Vice President
- Roy Dye, Treasurer
- Shelly Ripa, Secretary
- Stephen Bowman
- Bryan Huber
- Chad Kelley
- Chester Losinski
- Robert Watson
- Sheriff Steve Smith is a non-voting member of the Board
PSFGC Advisory Council Members
- Julius Bates, Director, G C Parks & Recreation Dept.
- Larry Dudding, Chairman, Nationwide Insurance
- James Howard, Director, G C Department of Social Services
- Gary Lowe, Mayor, Stanardsville, Greene County
- Rom Morris, G C Commonwealth Attorney
- Pete Newbold, Manger, Wal-Mart Store #4638
- Steven Parker, Vice Pres., Finance & Admin. Services, Piedmont Community College
- Ginny Reese, G C Branch Manager, Jefferson Madison Regional Library